When compared to the pits of similar fruit plants, almond is the record for the amount of oil it contains.
The properties and application of almond oil are very diverse. It is made from different varieties of almond, which many consider to be nuts. In fact, almonds are the kernel of seeds that are found in the fruits of almond trees.
Properties and application of almond oil are diverse.
When compared to the pits of similar fruit plants, almond is a record holder in the amount of oil it contains. It is distinguished by its aroma and is one of the most sought-after products in its group.
This product is universal, its use is practically unlimited. For a long time it is considered the elixir of beauty and youth. Almond oil has a rich composition, rich in oleic, linoleic acid, niacin, vitamins E, A, B2, F, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and other valuable substances.
It is used for ingestion, for medicinal purposes, almond oil is very popular in cosmetology. It belongs to one of the best natural products for the care of skin and hair. This product is absolutely harmless and brings a noticeable result, comparable to expensive cosmetic procedures, in a relatively short time.
Almond oil has a rich composition, rich in oleic, linoleic acid, niacin, vitamins E, A, B2, F, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and other valuable substances
Almond oil is indispensable in the care of the appearance and health of the skin.
Properties and application of almond oil for the face:
- penetrates deep into the skin and saturates it with vitamins;
- slows down the aging process - if you massage the skin with its use, you can significantly improve its condition, reduce flabbiness and fine wrinkles due to the organic acids it contains;
- enhances regeneration, promotes healing of wounds and reduce traces of scars and stretch marks;
- protects against adverse external factors (solar radiation, frosty air, strong wind);
- softens and moisturizes due to the blocking of moisture inside the skin, so the greatest moisturizing effect is achieved when applied to moist skin after cleansing;
- cares for any type of skin - dry, mixed and oily, reduces pores and inflammation, reduces oily skin, it is worth noting the low comedogenesis of almond oil, but still people suffering from acne should not be abused;
Almond oil softens and moisturizes by blocking the moisture inside the skin, so the greatest moisturizing effect is achieved when applied to moist skin after cleansing
- revives the complexion, gives a blush and visibly refreshes the skin by improving blood circulation;
- gives an incomparable velvety and smoothness, the skin acquires elasticity and a uniform structure;
- cares for eyelid skin, reduces wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes - for this it should be applied before going to bed with light movements on the skin surface;
- helps with the appearance of cracks and flakings - if the dermis is marked by increased dryness, then almond oil will gradually improve its condition, after a few weeks of regular use, flaking will noticeably decrease;
- helps with cracks on the lips - for this you should use this product instead of hygienic lipstick;
- helps alleviate the symptoms of psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema, accelerates the healing of injuries;
- removes makeup - the oil is able to deeply clean the pores and effectively removes cosmetics; to do this, apply oil on a napkin and wipe the face, it will become clean and refreshed without much effort.
Important!To care for your skin, you must choose an oil made exclusively from sweet almonds. In nature, there is also a bitter almond, but it contains harmful substances, which makes it poisonous.
Oil is able to deep clean the pores and effectively removes cosmetics.
Almond oil for face
Almond oil can be used both in pure and mixed form. In the first case, it can simply be spread on the skin surface and massaged with light claps with the fingertips. With this use in the morning, after a few minutes you need to soak up the excess oil, wetting your face with a napkin to eliminate excess shine.
In the second case, you need to squeeze a single portion of the cream on your hand and add a drop of oil. The resulting composition immediately applied to the surface of the face and neck.
In the same way it is possible to use oil for eyelid skin care. It is applied in pure form or added to gels and creams. In addition, with almond oil, you can make effective masks, scrubs and lotions, it is also used as a basis for dilution of essential oils.
Tip!It must be remembered that the oil produced for use in food, has a higher quality characteristics than cosmetic. Therefore, for the improvement of the skin of the face is better to choose edible almond oil, which is obtained by cold pressing.
Almond oil can be used both in pure and mixed form.
Homemade masks with almond oil
Almond oil masks are very effective. Here are some:
- For mature skin: mix 1 tbsp. l cocoa, 100 ml of milk, 1 tsp. honey and 1 tbsp. l almond oil, smear the surface of the face and eyelids, wash off after 15-20 minutes.
- Nourishing mask of fruit: take one kiwi, peel and knead, do the same with strawberries, pears or watermelon. Make a fruit mixture, add 1 tbsp. l curd mass and 2 tsp. Almond oil, hold on the face for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- From edema and under eye circles: 1 tsp honey mix with 1 tsp. Almond oil and smear the skin around the eyes, soak no more than 3-5 minutes.
- From fine wrinkles: mix 2 tbsp. l sour cream or cream with chopped apple and 2 tsp. oil, apply on face for 15 minutes.
- From acne: take 2 tsp. almond oil and pour in chamomile, lime or mint decoction, wipe the surface of the face, do it daily.
For daily cleansing of the face instead of washing with soap on normal and dry skin, apply a mixture of 1 yolk mixed with 1 tsp for a few minutes. water and with 20 drops of oil
- Purifying and toning: take 1 tbsp. l oatmeal with water, let it soften, then pour 2 tsp. almond oil and 1 tsp. lemon juice, mix everything well and apply on the face skin for 15-20 minutes, then remove.
- With the inflammatory process on the skin: take 1 raw egg white, 2 tsp. oils and 1 tbsp. l Hypericum tincture from the pharmacy, all mixed and applied to the skin surface, after 15 minutes, rinse.
- For excessive oily skin: take 1 boiled potatoes, mash, pour in mashed potatoes 1 tbsp. l almond oil, 2 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. l tincture of calendula. Apply the mixture on face, rinse off after 20 minutes.
- For daily cleansing of the face instead of washing with soap and on normal and dry skin, apply a mixture of 1 yolk mixed with 1 tsp for a few minutes. water and with 20 drops of oil.
- When the age changes of the dermis such a hot mask gives an excellent result: soak cotton fabric with hot water, squeeze almond oil on it and put it on the face and neck for 40 minutes. Put a towel on top. If this procedure is done a couple of times a month, then the skin will be more elastic and elastic.
With the appearance of age-related changes in the dermis, a hot almond oil mask gives an excellent result.
Application in cosmetology
Almond oil has received wide demand in cosmetology. It is useful not only for skin care on the face, but also for the skin of the whole body, as well as for nails, eyelashes and hair.
Properties and application of almond oil in cosmetology:
- It is used for massage procedures, it is an indispensable tool for many massage therapists, as it nourishes the skin, and is easily distributed, has a pleasant smell and relaxing effect. In addition, this product helps with cellulite due to deep absorption, improves blood circulation and lymph flow.
Warm oil is effective for the care of cracked skin, it contributes to its more rapid recovery and healing, and also softens the dermis
- Helps in the event of sunburn of the skin, softens and heals it.
- Warm oil is effective for the care of cracked skin of the hands, it contributes to its more rapid recovery and healing, and also softens the dermis. It can be used not only for injuries, but also for daily care so that your hands are attractive. To do this, you need to wash them thoroughly, apply a little oil, massage and put on cotton gloves. It is better to do this procedure before bedtime so that the oil has a long effect on the skin of the hands.
- It also helps to improve the condition of the nails. For fragile and exfoliating nails, it is necessary to rub the warmed oil into the nail plate and cuticle. Nails feed, saturate with useful substances, become healthier and stronger. And if you add citrus to the almond oil, then the efficiency will increase significantly. For example, when the fragility of the nails suitable combination with lemon oil or ylang-ylang. Three milligrams of almond oil is enough drops of essential. If you apply such a mixture daily, the results will become noticeable fairly quickly.
- Bitter almond oil has firming properties and is used to heal hair, eyelashes and nails. In addition, this product has proven itself to be used in bathing. This treatment helps to tone and soothe the skin. Perfect combination of almond oil with lavender, cardamom, mint, rosemary, thyme, cloves in the form of essential oils.
- For the growth and strengthening of eyelashes you need to comb them before going to bed with a brush that is dipped in almond oil. Eyelashes become thick and fluffy.
- Almond oil is effective against stretch marks that often appear during pregnancy. To do this, mix 150 ml of almond oil with lavender and mandarin essential oil of 4 drops each. This mixture should be applied on the stomach and hips in the morning and evening.
Almond oil is effective against stretch marks that often appear during pregnancy.
Tip! If you regularly apply almond oil on steamed cuticle, it will become softer and will become almost invisible over time.
Almond oil - one of the most effective natural products that provoke hair growth. It has a beneficial effect on all hair types, makes their roots stronger, nourishes the scalp, fills with energy and shine, improves elasticity and helps in the fight against dandruff.
Properties and application of almond oil for hair:
- Dandruff. The cause of dandruff is often dry skin on the head, almond oil moisturizes it, and thereby reduces the peeling process. You just need to put a little oil on your head and massage into the hair follicles, leave for half an hour, then rinse. After three such procedures, a clear result will be noticeable.
- Shiny hair. If you apply a little almond oil on the roots of wet hair, then after a short time they will become more vibrant, elastic and shiny.
Almond oil - one of the most effective natural products that stimulate hair growth
- Easier combing hair. The oil helps to nourish and moisturize the hair, which reduces their confusion and facilitates further combing. This reduces hair loss due to their increased fragility and coarse disentangling.
- Helps from split ends: application to the ends of the hair nourishes them and eliminates dryness, which prevents their cross-section.
- Improves hair growth. Almond oil is especially useful when used hot. It is necessary to rub it into the head and hair roots, put on a protective cap and hold it for several hours, and then wash it off well, the hair will become softer and healthier. This treatment, once a week, improves hair growth.
- To eliminate oily hair It is necessary to rub oil with a few drops of bergamot, lemon, cedar or cypress essential oil. For dry hair, add orange or lavender oil.
Tip!In any hair mask, made at home, you can add a little almond oil. After that, their composition is further enriched and the effectiveness of the impact on the hair will increase.
Helps from split ends: applying to the ends of the hair nourishes them and eliminates dryness, which prevents their cross-section
Contraindications for use
Despite its usefulness, this product can cause an allergic reaction, therefore, before starting to use it for cosmetic purposes, it is recommended to make a test for tolerability - put it on the bend of the arm and wait several hours; It should be stored in a dark place in a tightly closed glass container for not more than a year from the date of manufacture.